Sunday, May 20, 2007

Osteopath

David (an osteopath) came to Xplore to give us information about Osteopaths and what their jobs consists of. David told us that Osteopath was dealing with bones and muscle movement even if the name means bone disease. He told us the most common cause of back pain in your life is computers. Damn! I’m going to look after my back better now.

He also told us there are not that many osteopaths in Australia, only about 1000. I found that fact very interesting because I expected a lot more osteopaths in this world. He also told us the number of chiropractors and another practice that I had forgetton. I also forgot the number of chiropractors and unknown practice there is in Australia but I do remember that the number is very high compared to the osteopath.

Someone in the audience (I think it was Daniel Lim) asked if you can do the practice on someone while they are asleep. David told us that you could. He also said that there was once when the osteopath fell asleep on the patient.

Although the information I received had no connection with cool water, it increased my understanding of bone and muscle development, connection and relationship.

No comments: